[OmniOS-discuss] Getting detailed NFS lock information on an OmniOS NFS server

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Aug 12 03:49:22 UTC 2014

 Here's a question: does anyone know of a good way to get detailed NFS
lock information on an OmniOS NFS server, especially information like
which client has a lock on a particular file?

 'mdb -k' can be used to extract basic lock information, like the full
paths of all files that have active locks against them[*], but my old
Solaris mdb commands for getting more detailed NFS information don't
work in the OmniOS mdb any more.

 Thanks in advance.

(I'll happily take pointers to where to look in the kernel implementation
to follow struct pointers by hand with mdb's ::print and so on. From what
I've found so far, I'm looking at usr/src/uts/common/klm to start with; is
this right?)

	- cks
[*: via mdb's ::lminfo and '::walk lock_graph', see eg
    http://utcc.utoronto.ca/~cks/space/blog/solaris/ListingFileLocks

    Solaris 10 also had ::nlm_lockson, which is still present in mdb
    but doesn't seem to work any more, presumably because the actual
    NFS locking implementation changed.
]