[OmniOS-discuss] vnic zone disabled after reboot

Zach Malone zmalone at omniti.com
Mon Aug 18 14:49:28 UTC 2014

Hello Natxo,
If you create /etc/ files to configure an interface, ipadm will no
longer be the primary way to administer them.  ipadm replaces the old
/etc/ and methods of interface creation.  You can still use both, but
they tend to step on each other's toes.

I'd try http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/GeneralAdministration#SettingupdynamicDHCPnetworking
instead, which should leave you with enabled permanent interfaces that
can be managed via ipadm.
--Zach