[OmniOS-discuss] FW: Fibre Channel performance on OmniOS

Kyle Bruene KBruene at simmonsperrine.com
Wed Aug 20 13:36:02 UTC 2014

I've tried different pool configurations. Currently I have two pools: the 5 ssd's in a raidz and the 3TB's in a raidz. I get the same result from both because the cache is so large. With sync off, I get the same speed on both pools because it is just writing/reading to/from ram. I feel like there is enough hardware and was hoping to get better speed than this with more SSD's. I am assuming that if I setup some kind of ramdisk, I would still only get the 400MB/s over FC. Reading and writing to the pool(s) locally produces multiple GB/s.