[OmniOS-discuss] FW: Fibre Channel performance on OmniOS

Kyle Bruene KBruene at simmonsperrine.com
Wed Aug 20 15:29:09 UTC 2014

Thanks for the responses. I guess I forgot to mention that I have dual port and some quad port cards in the hosts. I am starting to wish I would have just spent some extra and gotten 8gb instead. I feel like most of the access is going to be single application/stream since it is mostly Exchange 2010 accessing the SAN from inside a VM. From what I understand it has been redesigned to be more sequential, combining IO requests. Thanks for your help everyone. I think I've got it figured out now.