[OmniOS-discuss] test omnios on OI machine

Randy S sim.ple at live.nl
Tue Dec 2 23:17:24 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have an OI 7 machine running for quite a while now and installed Omnios r10 into a boot env to see how it behaves on the same hardware.

The machine has a mirrored rpool created on two sas disks which are connected to two seperate LSI SAS9207-4i4e  HBA's .  Each sas disk is connected to its own LSI HBA.

When I boot the machine into OI, the rpool mirror is reported as expected. (Running like this for over a year)

When I boot it into Omnios the rpool mirror is degraded because Omnios cannot see one of the HBA's.
Lsiutil reports only one hba ,
sasinfo hba -v , same thing
echo "::mptsas -t" | mdb -k = ditto
So as far as I can see omnios could not detect one of the hba's

I have cleaned out path_to_inst, done a reconfiguration reboot and devfsadm -Cv but no succes.

I have also installed omnios on OI systems with only one LSI SAS9207-4i4e with no problem. Can someone tell me if it is known if omnios has problems with a dual hba system or how to force omnios to detect the other HBA ? We have also tested with multipath disabled and enabled.

Rgds,