[OmniOS-discuss] adding cua/a as a second login

Tim Rice tim at multitalents.net
Thu Dec 4 07:21:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014, Michael Mounteney wrote:

> There's plenty of stuff about configuring the serial port as the
> console on login, but I would like to ADD the serial port as a second
> login;  that is, keep the normal console login but have cua/a as a
> second login access point.  Is this possible ?  Something to do with
> SAF on Solaris, IIRC.
>
> Michael.

Yes, read the saf, sacadm, and pmadm man pages.
The default install will probably already have a ttymon running.
# sacadm -l
PMTAG          PMTYPE         FLGS RCNT STATUS     COMMAND
zsmon          ttymon         -    0    ENABLED    /usr/lib/saf/ttymon #

And here are the ports in zsmon
# pmadm -l
PMTAG          PMTYPE         SVCTAG         FLGS ID       <PMSPECIFIC>
zsmon          ttymon         ttya           u    root     /dev/term/a I - /usr/bin/login - 9600 ldterm,ttcompat ttya login:  - tvi925 y  #
zsmon          ttymon         ttyb           u    root     /dev/term/b I - /usr/bin/login - 9600 ldterm,ttcompat ttyb login:  - tvi925 y  #

Tim Rice				Multitalents	(707) 456-1146
tim at multitalents.net