[OmniOS-discuss] NFSv4 id mapping only working on client but not server?

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Sun Dec 7 22:43:53 UTC 2014

I've tried doing this with NFS4 a couple of years ago and what I found was that
while the UID mapping worked for things like "ls" anytime you tried to actually
do anything with the file RPC calls were made and since that's outside of NFS they
failed.

It was a couple of years ago now since I went through it but the upshot is that
at least then uid mapping didn't work in any meaningful way!

The Other Frank