[OmniOS-discuss] Please UPDATE now

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Dec 9 17:47:24 UTC 2014

Is this only an issue if a malicious user intentionally crashes the system, or could it also potentially occur under regular use? IE, if you have a system with no local users only providing network services, would this still be a critical patch or could it wait for a more convenient installation schedule? The bug report isn't particularly detailed, it's not clear when/why devzvol_readdir() would call strchr or what would cause that call to return NULL.

Thanks...