[OmniOS-discuss] ipadm hangs on interface creation

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at JVM.DE
Wed Dec 10 09:16:31 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have run into a situation, where ipadm hangs upon trying to create a
new interface on my ixgbe adaptors. ipadm create-if ixgbe[0|1|2] didn't
return and either got killed eventually by the system or by kill -9,
which I issued against that process. I just tried to create another if
on the on-board NIC igb1, which still works without issues.

What could cause ipadm to hang this way and is there a way to get ipadm
working again on the ixgbe adaptors, preferreably without having to boot
the OmniOS server, since it is serving a NFS export from the remaining
functioning ixgbe3 port to my Oracle VM servers.

Thanks,
budy