[OmniOS-discuss] Change Zone Hostname

Alex McWhirter alexmcwhirter at mojovapes.net
Thu Dec 11 00:47:28 UTC 2014

I have a small cluster of servers hosting zones over multiple VLAN’s. I would like to name the zones so that they don’t run into naming collisions. For example, instead of “web0” i would like to name them “2049_web0” and “2050_web0”. The problem is that this set’s the hostname to “XXXX_web0”. Is there a way to change the hostname to be something different than the zone name?

I had a look at /etc/nodname and it is an empty file when used in a zone.