[OmniOS-discuss] live lsi firmware upgrade P17->P19

Matthew Mabis mmabis at vmware.com
Thu Dec 11 16:36:13 UTC 2014

Just an FYI

I wanted to pass some information along that I became aware of earlier today. There is a fairly serious firmware issue with the entire LSI 92XX HBA product line. The currently shipping firmware version for the 92XX HBA line is P20 which was released on September 22. The P20 firmware contains a bug that will show up as IO timeouts, disk errors and corruption on nearly every storage drive on LSI’s compatibility list. I became aware of the issue after observing a catastrophic ZFS storage failure and tracking it back to the HBAs. After isolating the issue I contacted LSI support who informed me of the bug and the fact that they have not publicly documented the issue. LSI support also informed me that the only fix for this issue is to return any effected HBA to the P19 firmware.

Matt Mabis