[OmniOS-discuss] Network Killed before iSCSI is unmounted, hangs on shutdown.

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Dec 12 06:36:56 UTC 2014

12 декабря 2014 г. 0:35:07 CET, Alex McWhirter <alexmcwhirter at mojovapes.net> пишет:
>I have a client that is using iSCSI mounts as zone storage. Upon system
>shutdown the host kills the network before unmounting the iSCSI zpools.
>This causes the system to hang as it attempts to unmount the zpool
>after the disks have gone offline. Whats the best way to prevent
>something like this?

Hi, this seems exactly like a job for my half-baked procedures (manual work needed during setup) to wrap each pool, zone and iscsi service into SMF instances so you can set up dependencies for ordered startup-shutdown.
The first two I use on a number of machines (Solaris 10, OpenSolaris Nevada, OpenIndiana and now starting with OmniOS). Don't have much iscsi beside initial experiments though...

See here:

http://wiki.openindiana.org/display/oi/Zones+as+SMF+services

http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Advanced+-+ZFS+Pools+as+SMF+services+and+iSCSI+loopback+mounts

Hope this helps,
Jim Klimov

--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android