[OmniOS-discuss] hangs on reboot

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Dec 12 07:58:33 UTC 2014

12 декабря 2014 г. 8:35:18 CET, Jim Klimov <jimklimov at cos.ru> пишет:
>11 декабря 2014 г. 23:41:35 CET, Rune Tipsmark <rt at steait.net> пишет:
>>NIC's are not shared with IPMI.
>>

>>I will try the target-mode first, however on the 3rd box I actually
>>have Infiniband and it also caused the same issue without touching the
>>target-mode for FC.
>>

>>I have a 4th system on an old HP server and it reboots perfect every
>>time, no target-mode and has Infiniband as well... I am leaning
>towards
>>something with the SuperMicro hardware but can't really pinpoint it.
>>
>>br,
>>
>>Rune

Forgot to add my 2c: if the driver quiesce is at fault, maybe it is also a signal for devs to improve at least nominal hw support for new usb3, video chips, maybe some sata HBAs?
Even if they don't perform optimally (i.e. let usb3 be as slow as usb2 or usb1, or let radeon be a vesa-video, but let it work without errors) -- they should not impede system work either.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android