[OmniOS-discuss] LACP Omnios , igb and C3750

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Dec 12 17:32:04 UTC 2014

> And you've eliminated the switch as a problem?  I ask because of this recent push (don't let the commit date fool you, this went in in November):
>
> Yes... using the e1000g's and the same switch/etherchannel works flawless, also, using one of my vmware machines, and testing the same etherchannel works perfect.
> Beside this is a cisco c3750 e, running 12.2 firmware, which is about as proven as the way to rome :-)

Okay, if the e1000gs work, then fine.

I'm assuming you've checked out the cables as well...

> As i can't use the machine for it's primairy function ( ISCSI target utilizing those i350's), rebooting it's any issue.
> Just not sure as HOW to change that driver, so would be great if you'd have some pointers

You're running bloody, so you can do these normally not-recommended-for-users steps:

1.) Backup the original igb:   cp /kernel/drv/amd64/igb <somewhere>

2.) Find an igb from 011 or 012.  Exercise left to the reader.  If you have an old boot-environment, "beadm mount" it and grab it from there.

3.) Replace /kernel/drv/amd64/igb with the older version.

4.) Utter "bootadm update-archive" to make sure the replacement igb is there.

5.) Reboot.