[OmniOS-discuss] Python difference

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Sat Dec 13 20:06:24 UTC 2014

Agreed.  I think we've had a considerable amount of regret that python was
not put into to a "system internals" path.

And I know I regret having Java and Perl in there at all.  It's been stated
a few times that as soon as the two bits that depend on Java get removed or
replaced that Java will go out the window.

Also, having used distros from every modern and many not so modern unicies,
I would say that any that provided perl or python in their distro did so
with horrible woe (at least in hindsight).

--

Theo Schlossnagle

http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle