[OmniOS-discuss] LACP Omnios , igb and C3750

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sat Dec 13 21:53:58 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 11:12:35AM -0500, Dan McDonald wrote:
> I thought I'd mentioned this on the thread, but does the machine
> attempt to use one of the IGB interfaces for IPMI as well?  We do not
> support dual-use NICs like that.  (Check your BIOS.)

Hmm, I had thought that the "shared" IPMI port was invisible to the OS?
That there was an internal three-port switch, with one port connected to
the physical jack on the back of the server, and then the other two
wired internally to the NIC on the motherboard and the NIC on the BMC?

Do these boxes do something else that actually tweaks with the hardware
on the motherboard NIC when the BIOS is set to shared?