[OmniOS-discuss] LACP Omnios , igb and C3750

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Dec 15 01:36:59 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 05:07:40PM -0500, Doug Hughes wrote:

> That's the typical setup with IPMI NIC = shared. The OS is totally
> unaware that there's another device using the same hardware.

Yeah, that's why I'm confused about Dan saying omnios doesn't support
it, I'm not sure how it would know it was happening. Unless newer Intel
chipsets do something weird to make it happen rather than having a
separate mini-switch.

> The amazing
> thing is that while the OS is using the physical port at 1gbit the BMC
> is using it at 100mbits/sec on the same physical port, all without
> either knowing about the other.

If you think of it as an embedded 3 port switch it's not that amazing :).