[OmniOS-discuss] state of building illumos-gate on omnios-stable

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Mon Dec 15 08:33:40 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 11:38:45PM -0500, Dan McDonald wrote:
> Upstream needs several changes.  See http://kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/for-omnios

Thanks for the pointer. As I recall the last thread on this subject, I
thought it was possible to build upstream as-is with the caveat you
needed to disable building one or two components and that lint was
noisier than one would like?

Hmm, or maybe I'm misremembering, and that was the state if these not as
yet accepted upstream patches were actually committed.

How's progress on pushing that upstream :)? There's a handful of things
I'd really like to do but I just can't bring myself to spend the
time to spin up an OI box <sigh>. Is my impression that stable OI is
dead and hipster is a never-ending alpha mistaken? If not, I'm surprised
there isn't more interest in getting the gate to build on a stable and
well maintained illumos distribution 8-/.

Thanks...