[OmniOS-discuss] state of building illumos-gate on omnios-stable

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Dec 16 02:25:43 UTC 2014

> On Dec 15, 2014, at 9:24 PM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, hopefully I can take this and some of the other information I've
>> gotten and get something going.
>
> Go for it!

One important safety tip:

** If you're doing an illumos-omnios nightly you want to actually ONU over a given build of OmniOS, make sure ONNV_BUILDNUM is set to the release number of your target OmniOS.  E.g. If I have a bloody machine I wish to ONU with new bits, I better make sure ONNV_BUILDNUM=151013, or if I have a current-stable machine I wish to ONU with new bits, I better make sure ONNV_BUILDNUM=151012.

FYI,