[OmniOS-discuss] KVM within a child zone

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Tue Dec 23 03:07:57 UTC 2014

This doesn't happen unless you explicit do that on "illumos."  You are
describing the default behavior on SmartOS, qemu-kvm is just a process on
illumos, you'd have to setup the minimal zone, etc.

On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 9:34 PM, Warren Marts <protonwrangler at gmail.com>
wrote:

> KVM virtual machines on illumos each already run in a zone - with a
> specific minimal brand, and qemu-kvm as the zone's primary process. So you
> can apply global zone resources limits to arbitrate each vm.
>
> On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 5:51 PM, Michael Mounteney <gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
> > wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone done this?  The main obstacle in my own investigation is
>> that the zonecfg command "add device / set match=/dev/net/vnick0 ; end"
>> is ignored so I can't network the VM.
>>
>> Michael.

Theo Schlossnagle

http://omniti.com/is/theo-schlossnagle