[OmniOS-discuss] KVM within a child zone

Jorge Schrauwen sjorge+ml at blackdot.be
Tue Dec 23 09:42:19 UTC 2014

Well just use a socket for vnc, then you can spawn socat in the gz to
explose the socket over tcp :)

This deals with a serial port as a socket...
https://blackdot.be/2013/07/qemu-kvm-monitor-and-serial-console-over-sockets-with-minicom/
But:

socat unix-listen:/vms/leonov/run/vnc.sock tcp4:0.0.0.0:5901 &

works just as well :)

For qemu the option is -vnc unix:/run/vnc.sock (assuming /vms/leonov is
your zone root)
I tend do drop vnc, serial0 and monitoring interface as unix sockets for
all my qemu processes. Then I use a small wrapper I wrote (kvmcon -
https://github.com/sjorge/omnios-build-blackdot/blob/master/build/system-kvmcon/files/kvmcon)
to connect to them.

I use this in combination with kvmadm, works reasonably well. This
should not be to hard to adapt to a qemu process running in a zone.

Regards

Jorge