[OmniOS-discuss] iscsi timeouts

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Mon Feb 3 10:51:59 UTC 2014

a short update on the matter for anyone browsing the ML archives:

The affected system runs on an S2600CP motherboard with RMM4 remote
management.  RMM comes with the ability to use any of the existing
Ethernet ports on the MB for its communication needs ...  we have
configured it with a separate hw port, but it seems that this
ability the access the other ports can interfere with omnios
operation.

10 days ago, we have upgraded the bios to
version SE5C600.86B.02.01.0002.082220131453 08/22/2013

since then we have not seen any issues ...

I am not 100% sure that this is the solution to the problem, as we
only found the behaviour after several weeks of uptime ...  in any
event, for now things look good.

cheers
tobi