[OmniOS-discuss] Where to Run Omni

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 22:26:15 UTC 2014

On 2/3/14, 9:30 PM, Paul B. Henson wrote:
> [...]

Oh wow, configure network, download script, make executable, execute,
bootstrap pre-install environment, edit perl script, then cross fingers
that it works as expected (be sure to read the log!). I mean I
understand that this is more flexible than just running stuff in a
screen, but if you were willing to go to such lengths to create this
script, what's the problem with fixing the installer to simply prompt
for some of these options in the first place? You know, things like
swap/dump size, fs options, etc - little things. Doesn't have to be a
full installer rewrite.

Cheers,
--
Saso