[OmniOS-discuss] An error on the VirtualMachinesKVM wiki page

Willard Korfhage omniti at familyk.org
Sun Feb 9 05:23:03 UTC 2014

On http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/VirtualMachinesKVM, the start
virtual machine script has an error in it.  The 5th line from the bottom is

public_nic=$(dladm show-vnic|grep vnic1|awk '{print $2}')

but that "vnic1" in the middle should really be ${VNIC}

Also, that "prepare a volume for the VM" section on the page, which
currently contains only "TBD" can be as simple as a single command, such as

zfs create -p -V 10G tank/myvm/disk0

That worked for me, but I expect there are other ways of preparing the
disk, too.