[OmniOS-discuss] Shutdown/reboot hangs

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Feb 10 23:01:23 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-04 21:06, Mam Ruoc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently moved from ZFSguru to OmniOS and love it.
>
> I do have a "problem" though:
> When I reboot/shutdhown, the system seems to hang due to clients connected to samba and nfs shares.
> Is it possible to terminate these connects, so the system can shutdown/reboot without me pulling the physical plug?

Just to clarify: does this also hang on shutdown requests indeed,
or only on reboots? There is this feature called fastboot, which
essentially allows a running kernel to execute another kernel and
pass control to it, giving the effect of an OS restart without
the BIOS POST tests. However, on some hardware this procedure fails
and a full reboot is required (configurable via SMF, or done from
command line as "reboot -p").

Does this help? ;)
//Jim Klimov