[OmniOS-discuss] SolarFlare 10GB network card

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Feb 21 15:14:17 UTC 2014

On Feb 21, 2014, at 10:05 AM, Lawrence Giam <paladinemishakal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a Solarflare SFN5122F Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ Onload Server Adapter which I would like to use with OmniOS and I am currently using r150008j.
>
> From this post on the OmniOS-discuss, http://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2013-August/001254.html , someone mentioned the sfxge driver is being integrate into the illumos tree.
>
> Is this release to the stable release? Where can I find information on how to install the drivers?

It was put up for review on the Illumos list in August, but nobody reviewed it.  It's not in any illumos-gate or child (incl. illumos-omnios) yet.

You could compile it from source.  Heck, *I* could compile it from source if you're feeling brave and want to do some testing.  Reviewing a driver like this takes time, and properly testing it 10x as much time.  I'm not sure if the original poster on the Illumos list is here as well, but if he is, perhaps he can speak to how ready-or-not the code is.

Sorry I can't be of more immediate assistance,