[OmniOS-discuss] ncurses lib in r151010j

Cal Sawyer cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Fri Jul 4 09:57:33 UTC 2014

This, i imagine, is it.  From config.log

    configure:6233: checking for a curses library containing mvchgat
    configure:6255: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lpcap -lnsl -lm
    -lsocket  -lcurses >&5
    mvchgat                             /var/tmp//cckgaO9B.o
    ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
    configure:6258: $? = 1
    configure: failed program was:
    #line 6238 "configure"
    #include "confdefs.h"

    #include <curses.h>

    int
    main ()
    {

             mvchgat(0, 0, 1, A_REVERSE, 0, NULL)

       ;
       return 0;
    }
    configure:6255: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -lpcap -lnsl -lm
    -lsocket  -lncurses >&5
    ld: fatal: library -lncurses: not found
    ld: fatal: file processing errors. No output written to conftest
    configure:6258: $? = 1
    configure: failed program was:
    #line 6238 "configure"
    #include "confdefs.h"

    #include <curses.h>

    int
    main ()
    {

             mvchgat(0, 0, 1, A_REVERSE, 0, NULL)

       ;
       return 0;
    }
    configure:6278: result: none found
    configure:6280: error: Curses! Foiled again!
       (Can't find a curses library supporting mvchgat.)
       Consider installing ncurses.

No idea what to do about it, though.

regards,

- cal