[OmniOS-discuss] Issue with LSI 3108 MegaRAID ROMB card

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Jul 17 15:15:54 UTC 2014

On Jul 17, 2014, at 11:07 AM, Youzhong Yang <youzhong at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have problem using the LSI 3108 card, just wondering if anyone here has any success story using this card in production.

<SNIP!>

When mr_sas(7d) was updated for 2208, it included untested 3108 support.  3108 was untested because people didn't have 3108 cards at the time it went back.

The messages you're seeing indicate the card's timing-out an IO operation, followed by a reset-the-card failure.

Beyond that, I can't help you much right now.  I have no such card available to me.  For the record, are you stuck using this, or did you choose a 3108?  I'd recommend choosing something else if it was your choice.  If it's not, please tell me what platform stuck you with a 3108, as it may be a harbinger of future complaints.

Thanks,