[OmniOS-discuss] KVM - copy paste in VM

Machine Man gearboxes at outlook.com
Tue Jul 29 21:20:28 UTC 2014

Hello all,
First I want to thank everyone involved with creating and supporting OmniOS.
On one of the systems we have a need to run two VMs using KVM. Everything works fine except when a copy of a large file is made inside the VM. Copying over the network result in 38MB/s - 70MB/s and inside the VM it will drop to 700KB/s and somtimes stall entirely. It takes just over 5 min to copy 2.5GB inside the VM.The system has 20 3TB NL-SAS drives and has no problem to perform with VMware connected via FC. Also has a 280GB enterprise SSD allocated for cache.
for a HDD device is ide the only supported bus?
Thanks,