[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody repo has been completely updated

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu May 29 20:06:27 UTC 2014

In order to clear out some cruft (including an accidental "on-nightly" push out from when I was starting at OmniTI), I've wiped clean and reinstalled the repo directory for bloody.  This includes an additional refresh of the illumos-omnios packages from TODAY (because of a ZFS memory leak in some new ZFS features that was just patched today).

If you are using bloody, be prepared for a FULL upgrade when you "pkg update".

As always, please engage here if you have questions with bloody.  New with this update:

	- NSS up to version 3.16.1 now.
	- NSPR up to version 4.10.5.   (Users who use these two should stress 'em out.)

	- ZFS filesystem and snapshot limits
	- ZFS metadata perfomance improvement (tunable, see zfs(1M) for details).
	- Less (ab)use of ddi_get_time() which will increase reliability in the face of changing wallclock time.
	- printf(1) command bug fixes.
	- small ifconfig(1M) fix with its "addif" subcommand.

Happy updating!