[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS doc

Frédéric Alix admdwrf at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 00:14:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

Since few years, i'm a big OmniOS fan.

I tried to evangelisch it around me.

I had a website to share about it, but my ex-business partner delete it and
backups too :-(

Few days ago, i was at linux hack day at Rennes in France. I talked about
OmniOS.

Some admin sys were very interesting about it. I restarted a blog at
blog.fredalix.com

But, in my country, some peoples know SmartOS, and when they go to OmniOS
website, they don't like it.

I am sad to know sysadmin no want try OmniOS, because the actual wiki is
not for newbies.

Yesterday, i was at Linux and Docker french event, and i talked about
OmniOS and zones.

But returns were  "OmniOS wiki is good for Solaris admins !"

OmniTI's team make a super job, but the OmniOS is not attractive for
newbies.

it's sad :-(

what can we'll do about that ?

I am sure with Omnios's community we can publish an OmniOS Survival guide.

Yep ?