[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS KVM guest with virtio net support

Frédéric Alix admdwrf at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 14:09:11 UTC 2014

Hum, very strange,
Some KVM host providers use this param to add disk img

-drive file=img.qcow2,if=virtio,id=drive-virtiodisk0,cache=none

If i use it for OmniOS, the boot process block at the load of vioblk module

With NexentaOS, it load without problem.

To start OmniOS correctly, i must use this:

-drive file=img.qcow2,if=none,id=drive-virtio-disk0,format=qcow2
-device virtio-blk-pci,scsi=off,bus=pci.0,addr=0x4,drive=drive-virtio-disk0,id=virtio-disk0,bootindex=1

Since few hours, i am trying to understand why it's ok with nexenta
and not with OmniOS.

I used the illumos-nexenta source to build virtio, vioblk and blkdev
and nothing change.

Did you already had this situation ?

fred.