[OmniOS-discuss] pkgsend generate bug with spaces in file names

Basil Crow basil.crow at delphix.com
Tue Nov 4 19:07:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 04 2014 13:35:39 +0000, Al Slater wrote:
> I have run into the same problem while packaging cmake.  Is there a
> solution?

We ran into three separate issues at Delphix using IPS with filenames
that involve spaces.

1.) --- Applying transforms
pkgmogrify: File /tmp/build_jenkins/masking.p5m.int line 912:
Malformed action at position: 72:
    file opt/masking/apache-tomcat-7.0.42/webapps/masking/image/Copy
of bg.gif group=bin mode=0644 owner=root
path="opt/masking/apache-tomcat-7.0.42/webapps/masking/image/Copy of
bg.gif"

2.) --- Applying transforms
--- Resolving dependencies
pkgdepend: Could not parse manifest
/tmp/build_delphix/masking.p5m.int.2 because of the following line:
file opt/masking/Application/Data Integration
32-bit.app/Contents/Info.plist path="opt/masking/Application/Data
Integration 32-bit.app/Contents/Info.plist" owner=root group=bin
mode=0755

3.) $ sudo pkg install masking
Creating Plan -
pkg install: The requested operation cannot be completed due to
invalid package metadata.  Details follow:
Malformed action at position: 56:
    dir path=opt/masking/Application/Data Integration
32-bit.app/Contents/Resources

Each problem above required a different patches:

1.) https://hg.openindiana.org/upstream/oracle/pkg-gate/rev/707707aba792
(generic.py)

2.) https://hg.openindiana.org/upstream/oracle/pkg-gate/rev/fe4116bd7737
(pkgfmt.py)

3.) https://hg.openindiana.org/upstream/oracle/pkg-gate/rev/a543cfbce08f
(manifest.py)

With these patches applied, we are able to use the full IPS workflow
with files that have spaces.