[OmniOS-discuss] infiniband

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Fri Nov 7 22:49:51 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My endeavor into infiniband has proven to be a relatively easy task,
much easier than expected, however two problems is still unresolved
which is the reason to address this list.

1) Since I have dual port HCA's I first tried to configure both ports
on the same subnet looking for a way to instruct omnios to ignore arp
request (in linux the tunable is arp_ignore=1). I have not be able to
find this tunable in omnios so I have therefore created the ports on
different subnets. This problem is minor though.

2) Performance is much slower than on Linux (Debian Stable). iperf
between two linux boxes shows 7.29 gbps which is max performance.
Between omnios an linux I am not able to pass 2.77 gbps which is
disappointing. Is there some tunable I can fiddle with to increase
performance?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Aliquid melius quam pessimum optimum non est.