[OmniOS-discuss] omnios and mpip

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Nov 12 18:58:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014 12:42:12 -0600
Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> You're not using IPMP, it appears you're using link aggregation.

No, I had to drop IPMP on infiniband since I were only able to have it work in
active/passive mode.

Link aggregation is used over the 2 Intel Gb nics

> "dladm show-aggr" would be useful too.

dladm show-aggr
LINK            POLICY   ADDRPOLICY           LACPACTIVITY  LACPTIMER   FLAGS
aggr0           L4       auto                 active        short       -----

dladm show-phys
LINK         MEDIA                STATE      SPEED  DUPLEX    DEVICE
rge0         Ethernet             unknown    0      unknown   rge0
e1000g1      Ethernet             up         1000   full      e1000g1
e1000g2      Ethernet             up         1000   full      e1000g2
ibp2         Infiniband           up         8000   unknown   ibp2
ibp3         Infiniband           up         8000   unknown   ibp3

dladm show-ib
LINK         HCAGUID         PORTGUID        PORT STATE  PKEYS
ibp2         8F104039A6254   8F104039A6255   1    up     FFFF
ibp3         8F104039A6254   8F104039A6256   2    up     FFFF

dladm show-ether
LINK            PTYPE    STATE    AUTO  SPEED-DUPLEX                    PAUSE
rge0            current  unknown  no    0M                              none
e1000g1         current  up       yes   1G-f                            bi
e1000g2         current  up       yes   1G-f                            bi

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
While it may be true that a watched pot never boils, the one you don't
keep an eye on can make an awful mess of your stove.
		-- Edward Stevenson