[OmniOS-discuss] Building Haskell on OmniOS

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Sun Nov 16 22:51:17 UTC 2014

Last year there was a thread about bootstrapping GHC, mainly by Paul
Henson and Matthieu Paindavoine.  I'd like to pick it up, because
I, like Matthieu, want to build the compiler.

There were two separate problems.  One was that a stray 'link' call was
causing a directory under /tmp to be undeletable, even though it was
empty.  That was likely a problem with tmpfs, according to
http://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2013-May/000779.html
so that can be worked-around.

Then there's the problem with the build, most likely down to some
presumed Linuxism:
http://lists.omniti.com/pipermail/omnios-discuss/2013-May/000844.html

Is there any solution for this?  I tried it yesterday with an
up-to-date stable (r151010) and the above build failure still obtains.

Michael.