[OmniOS-discuss] need to change c17d0 to c15d0

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Nov 19 15:23:57 UTC 2014

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, Rune Tipsmark wrote:

> Ok makes sense, but can I just destroy my current pool in the failed
> state and then import it with the -f option and it should show up
> with all 4 drives...

That is actually a bit more work for you since two of the drives would
be orphaned and look like they come from the former pool.  They will
not be "destroyed" while they are still in state UNAVAIL.

It will take a bit more work to re-use these orphaned drives since zfs
has precautions to avoid accidentally overwriting drives which are
already in a pool.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn