[OmniOS-discuss] Parity error on path mpt_sas2

Scott LeFevre slefevre at indy.rr.com
Tue Nov 25 17:45:49 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-11-25 at 16:30 +0100, Filip Marvan wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> thanks for reply.
> Yes, errors are on all 5 disks in the same RAIDZ pool. No problem on other
> disks in different pool but on the same SAS cable.
> So maybe I only had bad luck with that disks.
>
> Filip

Run 'sasinfo hba-port -vly' and look at the output for Link Error
Statistic counters.  You may need to 'pkg install
system/storage/sasinfo' first.

I've got the same hba (not sure of the firmware rev.) but ran into the
exact same issue.  My issue was the power supply and the small gauge
wires used to power the drives.  I installed a new power supply w/ the
same wattage but heavier wires and all my issues disappeared.

I stumbled upon the solution by connecting a separate power supply to
one of the drives and hot wiring the MB connector to power it on (i.e.
green wire to any black w/ paper clip).  All the issues disappeared for
the drive on the separate power supply while the other continued to have
issues.

All my drives have run error free for a months since the new power
supply. YMMV!

Cheers,
--
Scott LeFevre