[OmniOS-discuss] Postgres on Stable

Zach Malone zmalone at omniti.com
Fri Nov 28 20:06:03 UTC 2014

We have pretty much abandoned 9.3, and are using 9.2 in production,
with plans to evaluate 9.4 when it's released.

That said, the 9.2 builds, despite being built on 151006, should work
on 151010 and 151012, we're running them on a 010 box now, and expect
to update it to 012 soon.

If you want to build your own repo, so you can manage your own
versions and patches, you just need to clone
https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnios-build , use the omniti-ms
branch, and update
https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnios-build/blob/omniti-ms/lib/site.sh
to publish to either your own http pkg repo, or to a local file based
repo.

After that's done, you can run build.sh inside the postgres
directories as an unprivileged user (for example,
https://github.com/omniti-labs/omnios-build/tree/omniti-ms/build/postgres93
) and the build scripts will point out if you need to install gcc,
package build dependencies, or anything else.