[OmniOS-discuss] ATTENTION: End of Support Life for OmniOS r151008

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu Oct 2 19:04:39 UTC 2014

Hello OmniOS users!

With the release of r151012, support for OmniOS r151008 is now terminated.  This is in accordance with the OmniOS release cycle shown here: http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseCycle . Anyone with questions about their r151008 problems will be told, without question, to upgrade to r151010 or r151012.  We officially support an upgrade from r151008 to r151010.  Experiments with a direct jump from r151008 to r151012 have proven promising, but as of now, officially we do not support such a direct upgrade (we will, however, not be as harsh about such an upgrade as we will be with continued r151008 questions).

Furthermore, we will be REMOVING r151008 packages from the http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/release/ repository within the next 2-4 weeks.  The release of r151008 caused many headaches to users who wished to remain with r151006 (our Long-Term Support).  Removing the 008 packages SHOULD make life easier for those still on the LTS release.

Please speak up now if you have any concerns.  I will issue another warning when we get closer to actual removal.

Thank you,
Dan McDonald - OmniOS Engineering

p.s. beadm(1M) is your friend. Creating backup BEs in case of mistakes is easy. ZFS means they don't take up a lot of space and happen quickly.