[OmniOS-discuss] Building OmniOS master branch

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Sep 4 01:56:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 09:33:27PM -0400, Dan McDonald wrote:

> You can/should be able to.  Just use /opt/onbld/bin/nightly with an
> appropriate env file.  Want me to share one with the class?

Hmm, I was trying to build it per
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/BuildInstructions, using "cd illumos;
./build.sh", which doesn't sound like what you're describing. So, to
build just the latest illumos bits, you should check out illumos-omnios
directly and build it using the upstream scripts rather than the omnios
build scripts?

Yes, an example would be appreciated, or even better a new section on
that wiki page labeled "Building the latest illumos-omnios on a stable
release" :)?

Thanks...