[OmniOS-discuss] Building developer/make fails for unresolved dependencies

Dan Vatca dan at syneto.net
Sat Sep 13 18:49:13 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm making progress in having bloody compile on bloody, but I keep having
this problem that baffles me. If I run "./buildctl -bpil build all" it
fails. If I run it by itself with './buildctl -bpil build make' it works
just fine.

Building and installing (devpro-sccs-20061219)
Moving closed bins into place
Shifting binaries and setting up links
Making package
--- Generating package manifest from /code/tmp/build_admin/make_pkg
------ Running: /usr/bin/pkgsend generate /code/tmp/build_admin/make_pkg >
/code/tmp/build_admin/developer_build_make.p5m.int
--- Generating package metadata
--- Applying transforms
--- Resolving dependencies
/code/tmp/build_admin/developer_build_make.p5m.int.3 has unresolved
dependency '
    depend type=require fmri=__TBD pkg.debug.depend.file=make \
        pkg.debug.depend.path=usr/xpg4/bin \
        pkg.debug.depend.reason=usr/bin/make
pkg.debug.depend.type=hardlink'.
/code/tmp/build_admin/developer_build_make.p5m.int.3 has unresolved
dependency '
    depend type=require fmri=__TBD pkg.debug.depend.file=make \
        pkg.debug.depend.path=usr/xpg4/bin \
        pkg.debug.depend.reason=usr/lib/svr4.make \
        pkg.debug.depend.type=hardlink'.
--- Dependency resolution failed
Unable to run build.sh

There is the local.mog transform that must work to drop those dependencies,
but for some reason, it keeps failing when it runs through build all.
Any idea on what I'm missing?

Dan.