[OmniOS-discuss] Building developer/make fails for unresolved dependencies

Dan Vatca dan at syneto.net
Sun Sep 14 01:41:36 UTC 2014

Yes, it does it sometimes even when I run ./build.sh -bpil.
This is very odd, as it seems to be failing randomly on successive runs.
And given it takes around 30s on my machine, I ran it a lot of times just
too see if there is a pattern.
I tried running it with REMOVE_PREVIOUS=1 and it still sometimes fails.
When it fails, it seems that it does not have this file: usr/lib/svr4.make
(or can read it?). And it fails because the hardlinks point nowhere. Could
it be a race condition where the file is not yet created? Seems far
fetched, but will take a look at that shortly. Now I really have to get
some sleep ...