[OmniOS-discuss] Jenkins anyone?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Sep 15 10:54:09 UTC 2014

15 сентября 2014 г. 4:05:52 CEST, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> пишет:
>Saw this retweeted on twitter.  Anyone here care about Jenkins running
>on OmniOS?  (His calling out of OI is likely just improper conflation.)
>
>Dan
>
>Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "Dan McDonald (via Twitter)" <notify at twitter.com>
>> Subject: Dan McDonald (@kebesays) shared a conversation with you!
>> Date: September 14, 2014 at 9:51:54 PM EDT
>> To: <danmcd at omniti.com>
>>

>> 	Dan McDonald saw this and thought of you!
>>

>> R. Tyler Croy
>> @agentdero
>>
>> Do you use the Solaris/OpenIndiana packages for @jenkinsci? Let me
>know because I'm sick and tired of supporting them
>>
>>  	06:34 PM - 13 Sep 14
>>

>> Don't have a Twitter account yet?
>> Sign up today and follow R. Tyler Croy.
>>  	Join Twitter
>>

>> This message was sent by a Twitter user who entered your email
>address. You canunsubscribe from receiving email notifications from
>Twitter. For general inquiries, please visit us at Twitter Support.
>> Twitter, Inc. 1355 Market St., Suite 900 San Francisco, CA 94103

I did set it up on my hipster notebook, but I took the war's and fed them to glassfish directly, just as well as opengrok, adding the OS setup bits according to the readmes as i went along. So I do use Jenkins on an illumos OS (with an Oracle JDK... something in the overall stack did not go well with the opensource one in OI/hipster, can't remember what now... maybe netbeans...).

But I did not use packaging. As far as I am concerned, he can be relieved ;)

But this is indeed a non-trivial setup that can benefit from pre-packaging at least for some default case of 'pkg install jenkins' fire and forget. Manually... there are quite many flexible options to be aware of. I can imagine some users reluctant to go this route. Though probably not people in SW development.

And after the setup is complete, the alplication takes care of offering to pull and install its new builds inside the appserver sandbox.
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android