[OmniOS-discuss] problems with kayak r151010

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Mon Sep 15 19:26:57 UTC 2014

I had some problems with 006 also, but these appear to be different so
far. I took an omniOS 008 machine and upgraded to 010 using the standard
upgrade mechanism. Totally successul. My /etc/release is updated and
everything is fine. Then I made sure that the kayak and kayak-server
packages were installed. So far so good.

But going to /usr/share/kayak and running the gmake build has problems.
The problems exist mostly in build_zfs_send.sh

1) the url listed is =http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/release
This doesn't work with OmniOS 010. It complains about the 'entire' not
being a valid package to install. if I substitute r151010 on this line
and the following as such, I get past this issue:
OMNIOS_URL=http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151010
: ${PKGURL:=http://pkg.omniti.com/omnios/r151010}
: ${BZIP2:=bzip2}

2) this line appears to be wrong:
  pkg -R $MP install entire at 11-0.$entire_version || fail "install entire"
  substituting that with:
  pkg -R $MP install entire at 11,5.11-0.$entire_version || fail "install
entire"
  works much better. (that's the right thing for the upgrade as well)

3) if the build fails for any reason, it leaves unclean state behind.
There should be a troubleshooting step that recommends doing zfs destroy
-r rpool/kayak_image

4) the r151010 kayak-server doesn't seem to include miniroot. Where do I
find that now?