[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody release (r151011) has been toxic since mid/late-August

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Sat Sep 20 01:13:55 UTC 2014

On Sep 19, 2014, at 7:04 PM, Floris van Essen ..:: House of Ancients Amstafs ::.. <info at houseofancients.nl> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Would you expect that this will be fixed at a later stage ?
> So far Bloody r151011 has been running "bloody well" :-) for me , and I surely don't feel like downgrading a perfectly running system, with all risks that come with it.
> Stupid me even updated a production system from r151010 to r151011, expecting the r151012 release soon, because in tests it had fixed some lockups on both my 2 test systems as on my production system.
>
> You see my dilemma :-), so I do hope this is fixable or there is a work around somewhere

CherryPy is locked in to so much of pkg(5) that I have no idea how to back it out.  You can't just uninstall CherryPy without backing out everything.  If you have an early-August BE, clone it and update it, then move over any configuration that changed between then and now.

Sorry,
Dan

p.s. We never make promises with bloody, to cover situations just like this.  I'd rather this then find out the hard way during the release of 012.