[OmniOS-discuss] Fault Manager component could not load

Matthew Lagoe matthew.lagoe at subrigo.net
Tue Sep 23 00:44:57 UTC 2014

I tried to add "setprop temp-multiple 0" to
/usr/lib/fm/fmd/plugins/disk-transport.conf due to a bug in Seagate drives,
however when I start up the machine with that configuration in it I get the
following error, if anyone has any ideas what the cause could be.

Thanks

--------------- ------------------------------------  --------------
---------
TIME            EVENT-ID                              MSG-ID
SEVERITY
--------------- ------------------------------------  --------------
---------
Sep 22 17:10:10 e0719be1-fe87-6a27-cb4c-aaf2f8902a13  FMD-8000-3F    Minor

Host        : stor10
Platform    : PowerEdge-R720	Chassis_id  : FCNH3W1
Product_sn  :

Fault class : defect.sunos.fmd.config
Affects     : fmd:///module/disk-transport
                  faulted and taken out of service
FRU         : None
                  faulty

Description : A Solaris Fault Manager component could not load due to an
              erroroneous configuration file.  Refer to
              http://illumos.org/msg/FMD-8000-3F for more information.

Response    : The module has been disabled.  Events destined for the module
              will be saved for manual diagnosis.

Impact      : Automated diagnosis and response for subsequent events
associated
              with this module will not occur.

Action      : Use fmdump -v -u  to locate the module.  Use fmadm load
               to load the module after repairing its configuration.