[OmniOS-discuss] further problem with r010 install with kayak

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Tue Sep 23 01:27:49 UTC 2014

I got the miniroot (earlier emails) worked out by getting the bloody
build and building a new miniroot, but I suspect that this is making the
final boot non-functional because it's not backwards compatible because
it includes new com.delphix:embedded_data.
The kayak install works fine, but I get a bunch of missing feature
messages very quickly (had to catch them in video from my camera-phone),
and then it just goes to grub, so it won't boot successfully. I do have
a working 012 kayak build, but I know that's not ready yet, and the r011
should be considered toxic.

Looking for advice on the best course of action here (since the r010
included miniroot is totally broken)