[OmniOS-discuss] SolarFlare SFXGE with OmniOS

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Thu Sep 25 20:28:10 UTC 2014

the default sfxge.conf doesn't even include the capability to use jumbo
frames until you edit it and reboot, so that's silly. Enabling them by
default in the sfxge.conf doesn't hurt and allows you to use jumbo or not
when the time comes.
Other  info tidbits
a default inter_moderation of 100 seems to be good for most NFS workloads.
default is 30.

the sfxge parent lines for rx_scale_count are good for most multi-cpu
systems, but people will need to change the pci device ID for things that
aren't a 5162 (which is what we by and large use)

We generally use rxq_size=2048, but that's our choice. It may not be right
for any particular. I'd suggest leaving it as default and am leaving it
commented out like the above.

by default large receiver offload is disabled. There seems to be no super
good reason for this (except maybe for the high frequency onboot guys), so
I enable it by default.

add_drv sets up appropriate permissions and aliases:
add_drv -m '* 0600 root sys' -i '"pciex1924,703" "pciex1924,710"
"pciex1924,803"

sfxge.conf attached