[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151012 vioblk not working with ISO

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Sep 29 19:48:01 UTC 2014

On Sep 29, 2014, at 2:35 PM, Jorge Schrauwen <sjorge+ml at blackdot.be> wrote:

> Just an update, switching to IDE sort of makes it install but it takes about an hour or so and it only boots once after that.
>
> It also only enables 1 cpu using either core2due, Nehalem or qemu64 cpu type.
>
> Does anybody have a working 012 running inside KVM on 012?

I have to ask --> what problem are you solving by running a full KVMed 012 inside 012?  What does that buy you that a simple native zone can't?

I understand there's virtio issues, but I figured you'd be having them on some other KVM.  Don't forget that ZFS-inside-ZFS is akin to running TCP-inside-TCP w.r.t. unusual feedback loops and patterns.